Resolve Various Optus Email Issues Through Optus Email Tech Support !
Optus email is very popular among the users of worldwide but sometimes they face several technical issues while utilizing it. In this article you will learn the best ways to tackle any issue arising in an Optus account.
How To Create Optus Email Account?
- First of all, go to the official website of Optus email.
- Now click on the menu bar and then choose Tool bar.
- Now click on the Account icon.
- After that, click on the Add option and then choose Account Type.
- Now click on the Next.
- Now enter your username which you want to keep while send mail.
- After that, click on the Next.
- Now enter a strong password for your Optus account and then agree the terms and condition to proceed.
- Now click on the Create icon to complete the process.
If you are not capable of creating Optus account by the above steps, then contact to Optus email customer service and get better solutions from the experts.
How to recover Optus email password?
- First of all, open your browser and afterwards go to the https://my.optus.com.au/servicecentre/forgottenpassword
- Presently enter your Optus full username into the given field and then click on Submit.
- Presently choose a method to get the recovery details via alternate email or phone number.
- Open your alternative email ID to open the password recovery link.
- After that, enter a new password for your Optus account and also re-enter the same password into the given box.
- Presently click on the Submit to finish the process.
Contact to Optus email tech support team if you are not able to reset your Optus password by the above instructions.
Solve Receiving & Sending Optus Email Issue Through Some Easy Steps
Optus email tech support often gets complain from many Optus email service users that problem is occurring in sending or receiving emails. This issue needs special attention, the expert tech support team asks the users to follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of this issue:
- The user needs to confirm that his internet connection or network is working smoothly. Sometimes, due to poor internet connection, this issue may come up. In that situation, the user needs to troubleshoot the internet connection issue.
- The user now needs to restart the computer and access Optus email service. This will improve the OS of the device and revive the internet connection.
- The user now needs to check the receiving and sending email facilities. In most of the situations, this issue is solved through this process and the email service starts working normally.
If those facilities are still not available or working abnormally, the user needs to look at some internal settings to troubleshoot the error.
The steps involved are as follows:
- If the user is accessing the email service through Optus website directly, the user needs to check whether the storage status of the service. Sometimes the problem occurs due to the saturation of the storage capacity. In such situation, unwanted emails in the inbox, sent mail, spam, and outbox is to be deleted permanently. The system will then take 3-4 hours to normalize.
- In some situations, it is found that antivirus settings or firewall has been blocking the actual ports required to send or receive emails. In such situation, the user needs to change the settings of the antivirus or firewall so that it doesn’t block the said system.
The incoming and outgoing mail server setup needs to be as follows:
· The incoming mail server is either POP3 or IMAP4 with the settings as “mail.optusnet.com.au”, and the port as 110.
· The outgoing mail server is SMTP with the settings as “mail.optusnet.com.au”, and the port as 25.
If the user is accessing Optus email through any other application like Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple mail, then the below-mentioned steps are to be followed to troubleshoot the issue. In most of the cases, when the user is accessing the email service from other applications, the trouble in receiving or sending email occurs due to inappropriate setup.
Some common setups are as follows:
Microsoft Outlook 2010:
· The user needs to follow the path: File > Info > Account settings > Optus email account > Change > More settings > Advanced
· The option available in the: Advanced” window, “Leave a copy of the message on server” is to be unticked and then apply the changed settings.
Apple mail for OS-X
· The user needs to follow the path: Desktop menu > Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Advanced
· The option available here “Remove copy from server after retrieving a message” is to be ticked and the changed settings are to be saved.